Thanks to my buddy, Matt Brown, for his contribution for great margarita recipes! He is the kind host for this site and he is awesome!!
Today I’m going to share with you my two favorite Margarita recipes – 1 on the rocks and 1 frozen.
On the Rocks
2 Shots of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila (don’t waste money on Patron – JC tastes the same in a mixed drink)
1 Shot of Grand Marinier (I use Grand Gala Orange Liqueur)
3 Shots of Jose Cuervo Original Margarita Mix
1 Lime squeezed
Mix the above ingredients into a shaker with a glass full of ice. Shake for about 15-20 shakes. Rub lime wedge around rim and dip into margarita salt (I prefer a salted rim). Pour and enjoy!
(Follow these instructions to a T!)
- Sample Jose Cuervo Gold tequila to ensure quality
- Fill blender ¾ with ice ( I prefer crushed)
- Sample tequila again to make sure it hasn’t gone bad.
- Empty 6oz of of Minutemaid Limeaid into blender. Do not substitute another brand for Minutemaid! It makes a difference.
- Fill Limeaid can with Gold tequila and empty into blender
- Sample tequila again. Make sure it is still good.
- Fill Limeaid can 2/3 full with Triple Sec and pour into blender
- Blend and sample
- Cut lime wedges
- For salted rim, rub lime wedge around rim and dip into margarita salt.
- Pour into glass and sample repeatedly to check quality.
- Pour other glasses to share with guest(s) if you have to.